Naples is pet friendly but, it helps to get pointed in the right direction so you don’t have to discover everything on your own. That way, you and your four-legged friends can hit the ground running. Here is a list of pet friendly hotels, restaurants, pet boutiques, parks, beaches, suggestions and more.
Off Leash Parks
- Dog Beach – located just north of Bonita Beach and south of Lover’s Key State Beach Park, this is the only off leash beach in the area. Even if you don’t have a dog to take there, go anyway because it is non-stop action and entertainment. Check out the beach description and watch the video for Dog Beach on this website.
- Rover Run – located at the back of Veterans Community Park on the south side of Immokalee Road, this is two fenced areas where the dogs are separated by weight and can run around freely with other canines. One of the attractions of this facility is a dog shampoo area. There are concrete pads with water hoses and a ring to fasten the leash while your dog is being washed. This a great amenity for Naples visitors or condo dwellers. Just remember the towels so you’re not driving home with a wet dog.
Restaurants & Cafes
- Fit & Fuel Cafe – located next to Naples Cyclery, the local bike shop (in the Pavilion Shopping Center on Vanderbilt Beach Road), this cafe has outdoor seating for breakfast and lunch. There is always a filled water bowl outside for your hound. You can read our review for Fit & Fuel Cafe on this website.
- Fred’s Diner – this restaurant has a pet friendly patio and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll find it in the Uptown Plaza, just east of Sam’s Club at 2700 Immokalee Road. Their phone number is (239) 431-7928.
- M Waterfront Grille – this restaurant has outdoor seating that is dog friendly and benefits from being waterside in Village on Venetian Bay. This makes for a great combination to stroll around the open walkways amongst all of the shops and boutiques, too. Phone at (239) 263-4421.
- Bice Ristorante – if you are walking along Fifth Avenue South, you’ll find things dog friendly with a few water stops for pets along the way. At the west end of Fifth Avenue South is the Italian restaurant Bice Ristorante, which has a pet friendly outdoor patio next to the sidewalk. They serve both lunch and dinner but, it is advisable to call for reservations during “season” if you are thinking dinner. The phone number is (239) 262-4044.
If your pet needs some emergency care, then call Emergency Pet Hospital of Collier County at (239) 263-8010. They specialize in emergency care only and will keep your pets regular doctor informed, if necessary. The location of their new facility is 6530 Dudley Road, Naples, Florida 34105 and you can check their website for more information and details.
The Humane Society of Naples is a no-kill animal shelter, adoption center and a clinic offering full veterinary services including everything from teeth cleaning to check-ups to major surgery. If you are committed to the welfare of animals, this might be a good opportunity to volunteer locally.
370 Airport-Pulling Road, N.
Naples, Florida 34104
Shops, Boutiques and More
- Pucci & Catana – This upscale pet boutique caters to the haute couture canine crowd offering apparel, grooming supplies and a collection of collars & leads. Of course, we have the national chain stores like Petco but, this is different. The Pucci & Catana Luxury Pet Boutique is located at 647 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102 and the phone number is (239) 263- 9663.
- Camp Bow Wow – this is a full-service kennel offering day care, overnight boarding as well as concierge pet sitting services in your own home. They have an attentive staff and they are up to date with technology – you can watch your dog via webcam or even on your smart phone. The street address is 3382 Mercantile Avenue, Naples, Florida 34104 and their local phone number is (239) 352-2275.
- Naples Botanical Garden – on Thursdays from 3 pm to 5 pm and on Sundays from 9 am to 11 am, you can bring one four-legged friend per adult for a stroll through the Garden. Dogs must remain on the leash and be up to date with vaccinations. Dog admission is free for human members and $7.95 for non-members. The phone number is (239) 643-7275 for more information about Dogs in the Park.
Pet Friendly Real Estate
As pet friendly as we are in Naples, it gets a little stickier when it comes to real estate. This is mostly because we have many condominiums and villas in the area and every condominium building or cluster of villas has its own rules and regulations regarding pets. If you’re in the market to purchase a single-family home, there is much more latitude.
You may be interested in a detached, single-family home in The Moorings or Park Shore where there is no association to dictate the size or number of dogs, as an example. There are neighborhoods like Pine Ridge in which some of the lots are large enough for horses.
However, if you prefer a condo in Pelican Bay, then that is a dog of a different color. In Pelican Bay alone, there are 90 separate neighborhoods or clusters and the policies vary from pets being prohibited in Grosvenor or Chateaumere to a weight limit for one small dog in St. Lucia to multiple dogs of any size in Willowbrook. As a professional Realtor® in the Naples area, we deal with this issue every day. View our list of pet friendly real estate.
The pet owner who is purchasing a property in Naples or Bonita Springs needs a real estate agent who is willing to do the research and confirm the policies for each individual neighborhood and community. Feel free to email TimCranch@StepsToTheBeach.com or call directly at (239) 272-4848 to help navigate through the pet policies.
Hotels & Accomodations
- La Quinta – located at 1555 Fifth Avenue South Naples, FL 34102. Phone 1-800-531-5900 (Pet weight limit of 15 pounds)
- Ramada of Naples – located at 1100 Tamiami Trail, N. Naples, FL 34102. Phone 1-866-676-3077 (No restrictions for weight of pet)
- Residence Inn Naples – located at 4075 Tamiami Trail, N. Naples, FL 34103. Phone 1-866-676-3077 (No restrictions for weight of pet)
- Staybridge Suites Naples – at 4085 Tamiami Trl, N. Naples, FL 34103. Phone 1-866-676-3077 or local number at (239) 643-8002 (Pet weight limit of 80 pounds)
Ask questions! Particularly for hotels and accommodations, you should ask questions so there are no surprises upon arrival. As an example, hotels may charge a fee for pets, there might be designated rooms for pets, weight limits or policies might change and some might require documentation that your pet is up to date with vaccinations.